To start off this week’s post, we want to take a moment to reflect on this past week’s natural disaster in Texas. Our hearts go out to all of our RSM colleagues, clients and the communities in Texas as heavy rain continues to fall on Houston and the surrounding areas from Hurricane Harvey. The firm is pledging its support to help both our people who have been affected and charitable organizations that are supporting relief efforts.
In the world of golf, the Dell Technologies Championship is underway, with Team RSM Member Zach Johnson playing, along with past RSM Classic champions Chris Kirk (2013), Robert Streb (2014), Kevin Kisner (2015) and Mackenzie Hughes (2016). Teeing off today (Thurs., Aug. 31) at 8:27 a.m. ET, Robert begins from tee No. 10; shortly after from tee No. 1, Zach starts at 8:39 a.m.; Mackenzie starts at 1:16 p.m. from tee No. 10; Kevin starts at 1:28 p.m. from tee No. 1; and Chris tees off at 2:04 p.m. from tee No. 1. Best of luck to all “our guys” this week!
Prior to the start of Dell Technologies Championship, the PGA TOUR also shared an article outlining the support the organization and TOUR players are pledging to support Texas following Hurricane Harvey. It’s phenomenal to see everyone come together in a time of need and help the Texas communities in need. Read the full PGA TOUR article here but below is an excerpt from the article mentions:
PGA TOUR professional and Houston resident Chris Stroud led an announcement today from the TOUR’s Dell Technologies Championship, pledging support for those affected by Hurricane Harvey and the resulting flooding. Stroud committed $10,000 toward the relief efforts and plans to add an additional 10 percent of his earnings from this week’s event. TOUR players, fans and tournaments can further assist the American Red Cross through PGA TOUR Charities’ Together, anything’s possible platform. Additionally, fans on site at this week’s event in Norton, Massachusetts – where players will wear red, white and blue ribbons (colors of the Texas flag) to raise awareness – can donate via kiosks in the Dell Technologies Championship Fan Experience. Hurricane Harvey hit the Texas coast on Friday, August 25, and torrential rainfall has submerged thousands of homes and forced unprecedented evacuations.
Turning to The RSM Classic, are you an avid golfer who plans to join us down in Sea Island for tournament week? If so, don’t miss your chance to play alongside a top PGA TOUR Professional in The Yamaha Pro-Am contested on both tournament courses (Seaside and Plantation) at the historic and world renowned Sea Island Golf Club. Known for its relaxed island elegance and southern hospitality, The Yamaha Pro-Am at The RSM Classic has quickly become one of the premier Pro-Am events on the PGA TOUR. This event is unmatched for spending true quality one-on-one time with friends, top clients, and other valued business associates.
You won’t believe what’s included in the package if you participate!
- Access to play on one of the two official tournament courses – the Plantation Course or the Seaside Course at Sea Island Golf Club
- Each group is comprised of three (3) amateurs and one (1) PGA TOUR Professional
- Invitation for each amateur contestant and a guest to attend The Yamaha Pro-Am Draft Party hosted by Davis & Robin Love on Tuesday night, November 14
- Contestant and Guest Badge grant access to the randrr Skybox Club at #18 and the grounds of Sea Island Golf Club, Thursday – Sunday
- Complimentary VIP Clubhouse Valet Parking on Wednesday
- Access to the Player’s Locker Room at The Lodge Clubhouse on Wednesday
- Exclusive gift package for each amateur contestant including a POLO shopping spree
- Commemorative picture plaque with your PGA TOUR professional
- Food and beverages provided including breakfast or lunch and on-course beverages and snacks during The Yamaha Pro-Am
- Invitation for you and a guest to attend the Wednesday Night Yamaha Pro-Am Awards Party (location TBD)
- Contestant and Guest Badge also grant access to The RSM Classic Concert Event on Saturday night (artist TBA)
You can either be an individual participant or purchase a team package (3 participants). Learn more about the Yamaha Pro-Am here.
We hope you have a fun and relaxing Labor Day weekend! Be sure to check in next week to learn the latest on Team RSM and the 2017 RSM Classic.