- We welcomed Austin Cook as the newest member of the RSM “family” after he won the eighth RSM Classic in November.
- More than 1,100 volunteers donated their time and talents to help make the 2017 RSM Classic a success by welcoming to PGA TOUR players, RSM guests and golf fans from around the world to beautiful Sea Island.
- We welcomed Todd Thompson as our tournament director.
- We celebrated Team RSM Member Davis Love III as he was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame.
- We added quite a few new members to Team RSM: Dru Love, Paul Waring and Hinrich Arkenau
§ RSM employees, partners, principals, clients and friends raised more than $2 million for local and national charitable organizations aligned with the RSM US Foundation’s mission to build tomorrow’s middle market leaders through our Birdies Fore Love program. To date, The RSM Classic has raised more than $9 million for local and national charitable organizations that support children and their families. That number increases each year through our employee-led Birdies Fore Love program.
§ We thanked the Sea Island community and Sea Island Golf Course employees who worked together tirelessly after Hurricane Irma to restore the island – and the golf courses – to their former beauty.
§ Sea Island, home to The RSM Classic, received some incredible recognitions this year: U.S. News released its ‘Best Hotels in the USA,’ and Sea Island Resorts – The Lodge and The Cloister – took the top two spots for the best in Georgia! On the overall list of the best in the USA, The Lodge ranked No. 5, and The Cloister ranked No. 55. Forbes recognized Sea Island Resorts with four Five-Star awards! Five-Star Hotels: The Cloister and The Lodge at Sea Island Golf Club; Five-Star Restaurants: Georgian Room; Five-Star Spas: The Spa at Sea Island; and Recommend Restaurants: Colt & Alison