November 16 through November 22 marked the sixth year of The RSM Classic, and the first year under the tournament’s new name, which reflects the global scope and reach of RSM.
We are thankful for so much from this year’s tournament. While there are too many to name here, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, we wanted to share a few of the things we’re grateful for from the past week:
· The 1,200 volunteers who give their time and talents to the tournament each year are phenomenal. Year after year they welcome RSM clients and friends, and golf enthusiasts from around the world to The RSM Classic. We appreciate the Southern hospitality they display to each and every guest.
· Despite a less-than-perfect forecast, the weather cooperated for this year’s tournament. We saw some rain Wednesday afternoon, and a few sprinkles after that but, for the most part, Sea Island served up great golfing weather, including a bit of wind and sunshine over the course of the week – just enough changes in the weather to make things interesting – both on and off the course.
· Team RSM Member and Tournament Host Davis Love III is a wonderful host – attending RSM-sponsored events, greeting our guests and even opening his home for one of the evening events. We thank Davis and his wife Robin for their generosity and hospitality.
· Team RSM Members Zach Johnson and Chris DiMarco supported the week’s events, as well – playing in the tournament and attending various evening activities. We’re thankful that they’re part of the team, and appreciate Zach’s sharing a bit of golfing history with our guests by bringing the Claret Jug to an evening reception at the Cloister’s Spanish Lounge and by letting it greet our guests at the 18th green chalet.
· The staff at the Lodge and the Cloister are attentive and responsive. We appreciate their making sure that our guests feel at home and that their every need is met while they’re on the island.
· The staff at the Davis Love Foundation are great partners. They work tirelessly each year to ensure that The RSM Classic is a favorite stop among PGA TOUR professionals and their families.
· We are grateful for the Golf Channel and other media outlets that share The RSM Classic with golf enthusiasts around the world via their broadcasts, articles, radio talk shows, blogs, etc.
· Last but certainly not least, we are thankful that we share core values with the game of golf and the Davis Love Foundation, and that The RSM Classic provides a platform for our firm to amplify our efforts to give back to the communities where our employees live and work.
That’s our short list. We are grateful for so many things related to The RSM Classic – this year and every year.
What are you thankful for this holiday season?
Check back Dec. 3 for our next update, and go ahead and mark your calendars now for next year’s RSM Classic to be held Nov. 14 through Nov. 22.