As the 2014 calendar year nears its close, we wanted to provide you with a final update before the upcoming holiday.
Last week, Team McGladrey Member Davis Love III and his son Dru Love participated in the PNC Father/Son Challenge. The pair had an incredible finish, coming in second place! Way to go, guys! And congratulations, too, to Bernhard and Jason Langer for winning, and to Jason for being the youngest son to ever win this tournament at 14 years-old!
As we look back on 2014, we are reminded of many exciting moments from Team McGladrey and the fifth annual McGladrey Classic. Just a few of our favorite moments include:
- Team McGladrey Member Zach Johnson made a hole-in-one at Pinehurst #2 during the U.S. Open.
- The McGladrey Classic’s Birdies Fore Love program had another successful year, raising more than $400,000 for deserving children- and family-focused charitable organizations.
- Some 1,200 volunteers contributed to the success of this year’s McGladrey Classic by sharing their time, talent and treasures, and greeting attendees with that good ol’ Southern hospitality for which Sea Island, GA is so well know.
- Davis and Robin Love welcomed the arrival of their first grandchild, Eloise Charles.
- McGladrey extended its sponsorship of The McGladrey Classic through 2020.
- Sea Island, home of The McGladrey Classic, won big this year, with numerous awards/recognitions for its resorts (The Lodge and The Cloister), spa and restaurants.
The PGA TOUR has started to recap the year as well, sharing their top 10 shots from the 2014 season on the TOUR website. Which shot was your favorite?
We are taking the next two weeks off to celebrate the holidays and ring in the New Year! We wish our readers a safe and magical holiday season, and hope you’ll check back with us for our next update on Thurs., Jan. 8, 2015.
Here’s to a healthy and prosperous 2015!