Thursday, September 8, 2011
An Update from Sea Island - Home of The McGladrey Classic
Earlier this week, we hosted local reporters and journalists, Special Olympics and Boys and Girls Clubs of Southeast Georgia representatives and other special guests for The McGladrey Classic Media Day at Sea Island. It’s always great to visit Sea Island, and this trip was no exception. The Southern Hospitality experienced while on the island is second-to-none, and catching up with Team McGladrey Member Davis Love III is always a pleasure.
Below are a few things we learned and/or realized during this week’s McGladrey Classic Media Day at Sea Island:
• The 2011 McGladrey Classic is one short month away! (Somehow, it seemed further out than that.)
• A professional golfer’s workout plan is serious business – many hit the gym at 4:30 a.m. to get their work-out in before their day begins.
• VIP tickets are sold out, but general tickets are still available for the Oct. 12 Darius Rucker concert! Get yours before they run out.
• The Caddie for Love winner will be announced NEXT WEEK (Sept. 15)! Again…we knew the date, but it seems as if we just launched the contest.
• In addition to Special Olympics and Boys and Girls Clubs of Southeast Georgia, this year’s McGladrey Classic will also benefit a number of other local charitable organizations in the Sea Island area. Our favorite aspect of the event is giving back to the community.
Check back next week for another update – and to learn which lucky golf fan will have the opportunity of a lifetime to caddie for Davis Love III during the 2011 McGladrey Classic!
Posted by Terri Andrews