Thursday, December 16, 2010
We have a lot to celebrate this holiday season, not the least of which are a few recent achievements by Team McGladrey members and others. Congratulations to:
• Team McGladrey Member Davis Love III for being ranked one of the “Top 100 Players to Watch” in 2011.
• Dustin Johnson and Ian Poulter for their two-stroke win at this year’s Shark Shootout! Team McGladrey Member Chris DiMarco and his teammate for the event, Anthony Kim, tied for third, so we extend our congratulations to them as well.
• Chris DiMarco and his wife Amy on the celebration of their wedding anniversary earlier this week.
• Stuart Appleby for being voted “Comeback Player of 2010” by PGA TOUR players.
• Team McGladrey Zach Johnson who stayed at #20 in the world golf rankings this week. By the way, there’s a great story about Zach in a recent issue of the DesMoinesRegister.com. You can read it here.
• Annika Sorenstam on the announcement of her second pregnancy. The new arrival is expected in early summer 2011.
We’d like to close this week’s post by thanking Team McGladrey members Zach Johnson and Davis Love III for making a very sick little boy’s day with their words of encouragement and offers to join them for future golf, hunting or fishing outings. You can learn more about Dominick here.
We’ll be taking a brief break from the golf blog to spend time with family and friends over the next couple of weeks, and hope you’re able to do the same. Please check back here in January for our next update, and to get the “latest and the greatest” on the 2011 McGladrey Classic (Oct. 10-16).
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Well, it’s another week closer to the holidays, and Team McGladrey members are out-and-about, as usual. Here’s a quick recap of their activities for the week:
Chris DiMarco is teaming up with Anthony Kim for this week’s Shark Shootout at the Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort’s Tiburon Golf Club in Naples, Florida. We understand the Pro-Am was delayed due to a brief downpour, so we’re keeping our fingers crossed for beautiful weather throughout the weekend.
Natalie Gulbis took a behind-the-scenes tour of a new show on The Golf Channel. You can get a sneak peek here.
Zach Johnson celebrated a night on the town with his eldest during a “Decorate with Dad” event at his son Will’s school where, we hear, he ate more than he decorated. You can see the ADORABLE picture here, and leave a comment for Zach about how “sweet” it is…
We haven’t caught up with Davis Love III this week, but have seen a LOT of Twitter chatter about his move to Bridgestone. What do you think about the change?
Thursday, December 2, 2010
With the holiday season in full swing, you might think that Team McGladrey would be taking some time off, but…nothing could be further from the truth.
Team McGladrey Member Natalie Gulbis helped serve Thanksgiving dinner to about 1,000 people from the Boys and Girls Club last week at Pieros Italian Restaurant in Las Vegas. (View one of Natalie’s Twitpics from the event here.) This week, she’s playing in the LPGA TOUR Championship at Grand Cypress Golf Club in Orlando (Dec. 2 through 5). Six of the amazing players in this tournament – Jiyai Shin, Suzann Pettersen, Yani Tseng, Na Yeon Choi, Ai Miyazato and Cristie Kerr – reportedly have a shot at ending the season with the #1 ranking. Who are you pulling for?
Also this week: Team McGladrey Member Zach Johnson is joining Tiger Woods, Paul Casey, Stewart Cink, Bubba Watson and other PGA TOUR professionals at Sherwood Country Club in Thousand Oaks, California for the Chevron World Challenge (Nov. 30 – Dec. 5). You can tune into The Golf Channel Thursday and Friday and into NBC Saturday and Sunday afternoons to watch.
Of course, this week’s golf events will face some stiff competition for viewership with college football Saturday (We know Team McGladrey Member Chris DiMarco is pulling for the Gamecocks so he can head to one of his favorite places – New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl.) and NFL Sunday. We plan to have a couple of TVs on while we’re listening to holiday music while decorating our tree this weekend. What are your plans?