Thursday, November 19, 2009
What's in a name?
RSM McGladrey recently hosted its second Ultimate Golf Experience. Held in beautiful Sea Island, Georgia, the event was, well…the ultimate golf experience!
Dick Noonan, RSM McGladrey regional managing director – northeast, served as master of ceremonies, welcoming a small group of RSM McGladrey executives and prestigious clients to the event during a dinner the evening of Sun., Nov. 15. Client participants included:
• Erik Bloom, Partner, Goense & Company
• Jim Blue, Chairman & CEO, The Bostonian Group
• Gary Domoracki, CEO, Fireman Capital Advisors
• Richard Kaye, Partner, Arnall, Golden & Gregory
• Daniel Kortick, Managing Partner, The Wicks Group of Companies
• William McEnery, Executive Vice President, Gas City
• George Moore, CEO & President, MC Assembly
• Craig O’Neal, Chief Financial Officer, Grain Millers, Inc. .
• Phil Roberts, Chief Financial Officer, Roush Fenway Racing
• Peter Roque, President & CEO, VH Blackinton Co., Inc.
• Jon Stockel, Chief Financial Officer, BWP Distributors, Inc.
• Dennis Willson, President & CEO, Cytokine PharmaSciences, Inc.
PGA Tour Professionals and Team McGladrey Members Zach Johnson and Chris DiMarco joined activities the morning of Mon., Nov. 16, after finishing 9th and 14th, respectively at The Children’s Miracle Network Classic at Disney.
The Ultimate Golf Experience included a golf clinic hosted by Chris and Zach at Sea Island’s Frederica Golf Club, followed by Chris and Zach each playing two holes with the groups. Activities concluded with a dinner at the club’s boathouse, where highlights included a Q&A with Chris and Zach.
Here’s what a couple of our clients had to say about their favorite part of the experience:
“There were many but meeting the people from McGladrey (including clients, spouses and Chris and Zach) was the best part of the experience. I play golf all the time and I eat and stay in some pretty nice places (although this one was really, really nice). However, I have seldom been around such a great group of people. They were intelligent, informative and fun.”
“Words fail but, in a word, incomparable. This was simply the best day I have spent in the last 10 years. Everything about it was first-class – from the people, to the place, to the golf course, to the pros. I expected to have a good time; I had a great time. Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
RSM McGladrey’s next Ultimate Golf Experience is scheduled for Dec. 7 and 8 in Scottsdale, Arizona. Team McGladrey Member Natalie Gulbis will host the event. Check back here next month for an update on that. In the meantime, let us know if there’s anything in particular about Team McGladrey that you’d like to discuss here on our golf blog!
Posted by Terri Andrews